Sunday 29 June 2014

Dublin























I'm not quite sure of the exact moment when Dublin's famous craic took hold of me. It might have been at 2am in a crowded bar at the heart of the infamous Temple Bar district. It might have been right after my first taste of Galway Bay's Of Foam and Fury double IPA, easily the best new beer I have tasted this year. It might have been any of the moments when bonds with acquaintances old and new were established and strengthened or it might have just been the very moment I stepped off my plane and headed into the Irish capital for my very first time.

I'd been to Ireland several times before but never Dublin. Now after discovering a vibrant city that has an infectious energy unlike any other I've visited that's at the heart of a rapidly exploding and tightly knit beer scene I can't wait to go back. Sláinte.

8 comments:

  1. For me the craic was definitely spotted in the Temple Bar with an acoustic band playing to a packed out crowd - it had a lively, nightclub vibe but in the 'comfort' (shall we say) of a pub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it the endless Stereophonics covers that did it for you?

      Delete
  2. I'd bet it all on Of Foam and Fury ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (That's probably the truth!)

      Delete
    2. The first time on draught is a bit special alright!

      Delete
    3. As was the second, third and fourth time!

      Delete
  3. Now that Galway Bay are in a new brewery, they might be able to produce enough to send over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear, it'd be great to see the vibrant Irish craft beer scene being represented over here!

      Delete